CCavenue is a popular Indian payment gateway that allows you to collect payments with Debit cards, Credit Cards and Net Banking. It’s sophisticated transaction processing boast of high success rates, fraud detection capabilities, dynamic switching between banks to complete transactions, mobile payments and lots more.
Integrating a CCAvenue gateway with our system simply requires filling in a form specifying your preferences and account details.
Before you Start
You will need to sign up at CCavenue and obtain a merchant account. If you already have one, it could be of two types - old or new, depending on when you created the account. On 14th January, 2014 CCavenue released a new and improved version of their merchant set up. All merchants who have signed up post this date will be on the new merchant set up and will see additional information in their merchant panel as compared to the older merchants.
Our integration supports both, old and new merchants. Depending on your date of sign up and what information is available in your merchant panel, you can follow the steps below to start collecting payments with CCavenue.
Settings in your CCavenue merchant account
- Whitelist https://www.foundationapi.com for transaction calls.
- Whitelist our IP address 126.96.36.199 for API calls.
- Enable API support for your account.
You will also need to get the below details identifying your CCAvenue account.
- Merchant ID (Mandatory)
- Working Key/ Encryption Key (Mandatory)
- Access Code (Mandatory, however, if you have an old integration of CCAvenue you can leave this field blank.)
Adding the CCAvenue Gateway in your Reseller Account
- Log in to your Reseller Control Panel.
- In the menu, navigate to Settings -> Finance & Billing -> Payment Gateway and then click on List / Add.
- Click on the Add a Gateway link.
- Click on the Add a CCAvenue Gateway link.
- Enter the following details and save your changes by clicking on the Submit button:
- Member ID: Your CCAvenue Merchant ID.
- Access Code: Your CCAvenue Access code available in your merchant panel.Note
Be sure to use the code against the whitelisted URL https://foundationapi.com .
- Encryption Key: Your CCAvenue Encryption Key available in your merchant panel.
- Gateway Name: This name would be shown to your customers / sub-resellers, when they are about to make a payment. You can use something like Credit Card Payment or Visa/Master Card, etc.
- Currency: The currency you want to accept payments in. If you are on the old merchant set up, you will need to set this to Indian Rupee only.Note
If you set this currency different from your selling currency, then the system will automatically maintain the exchange rate. Alternatively, you can choose to maintain the rates yourself by checking the I would like to Maintain the currency exchange rate myself checkbox. You will then need to submit a value for the exchange rate in the corresponding field.
- Enable Gateway For: You can select what type of transactions you would like to accept from your Customers and Sub-Resellers. You can choose from the following options:
- Do not Allow ANY Transactions: This option will disable the gateway for your customers and sub-resellers.
- Allow ANY Transactions: This option will accept all types of transactions from your customers and sub-resellers.
- Allow only Add Funds: This option will allow your customers and sub-resellers to use this gateway to add funds only.
- Allow only Invoice/Debit Note Payments: This option will allow only Invoice and Debit note payments.
Charge Fees for Adding Funds.: In case of an Add Funds transaction, you have the option of passing on the transaction charges to your Customers / Sub-Resellers. The Net amount is calculated by subtracting the per transaction charges from the transaction amount. The per transaction charges are calculated by adding the Total Fixed fee charged per transaction and the Total Variable fee charged per transaction.
Total Variable fee charged per transaction for your merchant account: Enter the total variable fee that is charged per transaction in the given textbox. This information is primarily used to calculate the Net amount that your Merchant Account is credited with, if you choose to credit your Customer / Sub-Reseller with the Net amount in an Add funds Transaction. Your bank and/or your gateway may be charging you a different amount of variable fee per transaction for different credit card types, e.g., a certain variable fee per transaction for Visa cards and a different variable fee for American Express cards. In case the amount of variable fee is different per credit card type, then enter the highest amount of variable fees charged per transaction to your account, e.g., if the total variable fee for Visa Cards is 2.50% per transaction and the total variable fee for American Express cards is 3.00% per transaction, then enter 3.00 in the textbox. If there is no variable fee charged per transaction, then enter 0.
Total Fixed fee charged per transaction for your merchant account (Per Transaction Fixed Fee charged by your Bank + Per Transaction Fixed Fee charged by the CCAvenue Credit Card Gateway): Enter the total fixed fee that is charged per transaction in the given textbox. This information is primarily used to calculate the Net amount that your Merchant Account is credited with, if you choose to credit your Customer / Sub-Reseller with the Net amount in an Add funds Transaction. Your bank and/or your gateway may be charging you a different amount of fixed fee per transaction for different credit card types, e.g., a certain fixed fee per transaction for Visa cards and a different fixed fee for American Express cards. In case, the amount of fixed fee is different per credit card type, then enter the highest amount of fixed fees charged per transaction to your account, e.g., if the total fixed fee for Visa Cards is 25 cents per transaction and the total fixed fee for American Express cards is 30 cents per transaction, then enter 0.30 in the textbox. If there is no fixed fee charged per transaction then enter 0.
- Send me a Reminder if a transaction is pending for more than x days: In case you have not yet accepted a payment sent to you via the CCAvenue Payment Gateway, you can get email reminders sent to you daily after x number of days from the payment date, until you either Approve or Decline these payments.
- Display Position: If you plan on adding multiple gateways, you can select the position in which you wish to display this gateway on your payment page.
If you are on the old set up , you must select Indian Rupee as your currency. Selecting any other currency will result in an error.
By providing or removing the Access Code, you can switch between the old and new set up of CCavenue. While switching, your pending transactions may fail to complete. Hence, you must settle all pending transactions before modifying your gateway set up. Alternatively, you can manually settle these transactions later.
The SuperSite contains information about the various Payment options you offer to your Customers and also presents these options at the time of purchasing Products and Services. This data is downloaded to your SuperSite from your Control Panel and cached (stored) on the SuperSite Server. The cache of your SuperSite will be reloaded automatically, once you have completed the above process. This way, the updated details will be downloaded to your SuperSite from your Control Panel.Additional Information